Reason for this blog...

Hi everyone, I have created this blog because I'd like to post new works as I'm creating them. These paintings are of Kallista/Emerald Road in Victoria, Australia. It gets its name because it runs from Kallista to Emerald with a fair chunk of it running through "the Patch". It's a lovely road with lots of bends, making it a fun road to ride on and is therefore a favourite for cyclists. My idea is to stand in one spot and take a shot "up and down" the road, giving a view from one bend to the other.

Friday 20 April 2012

This view is from just around the corner from The Patch School. It was in the afternoon and the light is shinning in from the left. It is a work in progress but I like the monotonal look of it. I think I will leave it this way and paint another with a greater colour range.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Steve I really like the sparseness of this one - simpler, fresher - and the restricted palette. Enjoying your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gabrielle, I like the restricted pallette too. It gives it a night feel with a bright full moon. It's a nice change from having to think about colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Karen, I'm looking foreward to seeing where they are going.

    ReplyDelete